Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Hangarau - Technology


When I go to Tamaki College, I learn in Digital Technology. The Maori for Technology is Hangarau. I have to use the Kiore and the papa Patuhi to log into the Rorohiko. At school I use an Rorohiko Ponaho. We use the Ipurangi to log into the Pae Tukutuku for Digital Technology. We have to check the Maramataka to check what task are for today. Sometimes our teacher sends us messages on the Imera. Sometimes our uses her Waea Pukoro or to take photos of us working.


I have learnt the following words in Maori:


Rorohiko- Computer
Rorohiko Ponaho- Net/laptop
Kiore-mouse
Waea Pukoro- Cell Phone
Imera- Email
Maramataka-Calendar

Pae Tukutuku- Website


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done good with your writing. I hope you had fun writing in Maori and learnt the meaning of the Maori words. I've learnt new words from your writing and I really enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Siaosi you really know how to speak Maori. How did you learn to speak Maori?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Siaosi,

    This is a nice post about your time visiting Tamaki College, I really liked how you used so many Maori words. I hope you enjoy your time at Tamaki College as much as you liked to visit it for hangarau.

    Ka pai,

    Miss Wells

    ReplyDelete